Sunday, January 1, 2012

Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in Emerville, Illusiore, and Epatant Swatches and Review


     Happy New Year! Hello to 2012! This is a much overdue swatch and review post. I got these quite a while back, but here are the Chanel Illusion d'Ombre Eyeshadows that have been quite raved about in the blog world. I have three in 82 Emerville, 83 Illusiore, and 84 Epatant. Here are some pictures and swatches. (:



     Chanel Illusion d'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadows are mousse/gel/souffle creamy eyeshadows. They come in beautiful shimmery colors, I have three: 82 Emerville is a pinky-peachy champagne, 83 Illusiore is a purple-taupe gray, and 84 Epatant is a khaki green with a bit of a taupe undertone. I would say the most popular in the selection are 83 and 84. The texture is hard to describe because I wouldn't say that it's a cream shadow though you would essentially apply these eyeshadows as cream shadows. If anything, it's definitely a mousse. When you touch the shadows they have a little give and they're really smooth. They feel kind of "silicony" and they glide on like butter. The wear of these shadows are really nice. First of all, they're really easy to apply, and they're quite multipurpose. Second of all, even though I have a little trouble with eyeshadow creasing even with eye shadow primer, these don't crease on me (unless I apply way too much). They last all day without fading as well. To top it off, they have amazing pigmentation.

Note: These are nothing like the Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense Eyeshadows (which I will review later).

     How you wear these shadows and which shadows you like are really up to preference. These can be applied really sheerly, as they are extremely blendable, but they can be completely opaque as well. The colors you choose are also personal taste. For example, omeone who sticks to neutrals or wants the ultra natural look will probably go for something like Emerville.

     Overall, I really like these shadows, though I do cringe at the price point ($36). However, with that being said, you do get a lot of product that you may not even finish. The packaging is also really luxurious, but that also means it's not travel friendly. And of course, the name of the eyeshadow cannot be overlooked (CHANEL). If anything, I think my best advice if you want any of these is to determine the color you would get the most use out of.

So that's it for this long ass review and I hope the swatches were helpful.

Happy 2012!!!! I hope we all have a good year full of successes, happiness, and of course, LOTS OF SHOPPING. ;P

Thanks for reading! Byebye. >w <'

No comments:

Post a Comment