Friday, July 6, 2012

MAC Cut A Caper Lustre Lipstick Swatches and Review

     Hahaa! The second part of my most recent purchase from MAC's mineralized collection for 2012. Cut A Caper Lustre Lipstick is not only a lipstick in my favorite MAC lipstick formulation, but it's also a repromote lipstick that sold out too fast for me to get. I wasn't really sure about getting it, but after swatching it in store, I was like, "what the hey.." Here are some swatches:

IMG 5921

IMG 5928

lunapic 134154999961048 8

lunapic 134155186955558 21



     MAC Cut A Caper is a glossy neutral leaning cool rose coral. The lip swatch isn't the perfect representation of the color and the hand swatch is much more true to color. Like I said before, the MAC Lustre finish is my favorite formula or lipstick as the colors tend to have a type of juicy sheerness I like so much right now. The product is smooth and of a thick balm texture, but I find that this lipstick doesn't always apply evenly. you also need to swipe the lipstick on the lips more than once to get good color payoff. What I love however is that it's a color that leans cool, but doesn't clash with my skintone. (Creme Cup from MAC is horrendously purple on me, I hate it.) On the other hand, I find this lipstick makes me look tan...Hmmm.

     Now to compare to the previous lipstick I reviewed, Pleasureseeker...they are in the same range in terms of darkness, but this lipstick contains no shimmer and they are different colors. In comparison to the limited edition MAC Ever Hip Cremesheen Lipstick, Cut A Caper is definitely more blue and Ever Hip has an apparent warm peachy hue that Cut A Caper lacks.
     Other than that, I don't have much else to say. I recommend this to light to medium skin tones both cool and warm as the hue sits in the more neutral category.


Thanks for reading! Please leave me a comment. Byebye. O:

2 comments:

  1. I really like this color! :) I'm obsessed w/corals right now :D haha You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rainy Days and Lattes: It's really cute. (: Yah, it's such a summer color. thank you!!

    ReplyDelete