Thursday, July 5, 2012

Passion for Peach: MAC Pleasureseeker Glaze Lipstick Swatches and Review

     I love peach, it brightens my complexion and gives me a girly glow, I feel so much more alive wearing it. I wear neutral eyes so much, like most girls, and I find that peach blushes and lipsticks look gorgeous paired with a brown eye. Anywho, this series will provide swatches and reviews (or quick reviews) on peach colored products I adore. (I was looking back on the Passion for Peach posts I did before and realized that none of them are reeeaaalllyyy "peach"... I think we can all assume now that I like to link peaches, corals, and oranges together. Well, I'll try from now on to keep it more peach based.)

     MAC recently launched a new mineralized collection for summer 2012. I'm getting bored of MAC like most people who have begun to settle into the makeup world. It's just too much stuff to keep up with and too much money spent on too many most likely will not be used items. Well, I saw the items being promoted and at first I wanted more than just one thing, but I looked at the items in person at a counter and was not amused. I only really wanted two of the lipsticks, Cut a Caper and Pleasureseeker. Pleasureseeker, the lipstick I am swatching and reviewing in this post is the first Glaze formula MAC lipstick I've ever gotten! Here are some pictures and such! The shots are a bit warm today, sorry about that.

IMG 5863

IMG 5871

lunapic 134154999961048 8

lunapic 134155186955558 7

MAC Pleasureseeker Glaze Lipstick is a medium-light pinked peach with a soft silver sheen. If compared to the permanent, popular MAC Shy Girl Lipstick, I would definitely say that Pleasureseeker is more pink and more natural because it lacks the opacity of Shy Girl's Creamsheen formula; the shimmer that the two contain is also different.--> Currently, because I'm so much more attracted to sheer, slightly glossy, natural lipsticks, I can see myself choosing Pleasureseeker over Shy Girl (!!!).The lipstick is sheer upon a first coat but within a couple of strokes it can reach a semi-opaque finish. The product is smooth, but not a wet type of creamy, if you know what I mean; it's just very comfortable and my hair doesn't stick to my lips +++. The silver sheen makes applying a gloss over top a bit of an overkill for me (seeing that I don't like extremely glossy lips). The overall effect of Pleasureseeker is very pretty and natural, I could see it working with nude and smokey eye looks.

That's all I can remember saying for now.

Thanks for reading! Please leave me a comment and follow this blog. Byebye. :P

2 comments: