Friday, December 24, 2010

Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask Review

     Hello anyone reading this! This is my first review, so although I have items I'm sure everyone would much rather look at, I decided to start small. This is (as seen in the title) Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask. 


     I'm sorry for the bad quality picture! I had this item in a previous post when I showed you this and candles (my relaxation thingy). Anyways, here's what I think of the mask...

     The mask is a green mask, it's purpose is to help dry up acne pimples, rinse away blackheads & shrink enlarged pores. After cleansing your face, you applying this and allow it to dry for 15 min. The package says you can apply an extra bit of product to areas that need more attention i.e. areas with larger pores, more breakouts... After 15 min, you rinse off the product with warm water and your face should feel refreshed, clean, and smooth.

     I think the product is really great for refreshing to skin, however after use, I don't feel that my skin is any smoother. My pores have not shrunk, and my blackheads (although I don't have many) have not gone away. I'm actually currently using the mask while I type this post and I feel a slight tightening, which I like. My pores on my nose have recently enlarged (!), so hopefully I'll see a difference when I wash off the mask. After you wash off the mask, make sure you either cleanse your face once again or tone your face, because the mask really does cling to your face so less noticeable product will be left on your face.

     I love the minty smell of the product, and it really is affordable (Currently $2.99 on Walgreens! 8.0 oz). Huge bang for your buck since you get about 10+ uses out of this tube. This mask is good for oily skin types because it will slightly dry your skin out.  Dry skin people can still use this, but unlike oily skinned people who can use this mask 2-3 times a week, I recommend only 1 use per week. I have combination skin so when my skin is drier, I don't use this mask (I use something else). When my skin gets oily though, I use this and it quickly soaks up the oily and for a couple days my skin produces less oil.

     So, overall, I recommend this to refresh skin, and adjust oily skinned people. Now let me go wash off the mask and go see the change in my pores!

     My pores are the same, my blackheads are still kinda there, I just starting noticing how bad I'm breakout!!!! I'm gunna cry...

Thanks for reading! Byebye. C: Haha...

1 comment: