Friday, July 8, 2011

Passion for Peach: Bobbi Brown Cabo Coral Pot Rouge in Cabo Coral Swatches and Review

     I love peach, it brightens my complexion and gives me a girly glow, I feel so much more alive wearing it. I wear neutral eyes so much, like most girls, and I find that peach blushes and lipsticks look gorgeous paired with a brown eye. Anywho, this series will provide swatches and reviews (or quick reviews) on peach colored products I adore.

     Being the summertime, I went on a mini search for a cream/stain blush. To my luck, the product I chose also can be used on the lips. Let me just say, I'm pretty dang happy. I'm showing you all, Boobi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks in Cabo Coral. What a mouthful.




     Yay, pimples!

     Isn't Bobbi Brown Cabo Coral pretty? The swatches turned out more pink than in real life. Cabo Coral is a gorgeous orangey peach, as far as I can tell, there isn't much coral to it. I personally love this color, it looks really good on the lips. There is no shimmer, but because it is a cream product, applied on the cheeks, it leaves a nice sheen. Of course, once powdered, the sheen goes away.
    Cabo Coral is very nicely pigmented so don't use too much, and just build up if you need more. The cream is not crazy soft so that you use too much, but it's also not dry. When applying to the cheeks, blend quickly, because once this dries, it probably won't move. I do recommend using a lip balm before applying this to the lips; this will also allow for easier application. I prefer to use my fingers to blend this into my skin as the products really sinks in this way, and it doesn't look cakey.
     The last power of this pot rouge is amazing, it lasts all day on my cheeks and about 5-6 hours on my lips. I think it's mostly because the product stains and does not just sit on top of the skin. The arm swatch above would not come off until the next day!
     Although the packaging is sleek and very attractive, I don't love it because little dust particles and stuffzz get into the product. WHICH PISSES ME OFF.
    Anyways, I definitely recommend this pot rouge. I don't know how the other colors look so I can't say anything about those. Hope this was helpful.
     Oh and check out my first video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnZrY8sbh-M

Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment and follow my blog. Byebye. e_ <


2 comments:

  1. omgg that looks GOOODDDDD!! oms sooooo GOOODDD!!! i love peaches too!! and love corals!!! its sooo soo unique and prettty!!!

    Alx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ThisIsAlx: Right? I think those two colors go hand in hand.

    ReplyDelete