Saturday, June 25, 2011

Passion for Peach: MAC Gotta Dash! Supreme Sheen Lipstick Swatch and Review

     I love peach, it brightens my complexion and gives me a girly glow, I feel so much more alive wearing it. I wear neutral eyes so much, like most girls, and I find that peach blushes and lipsticks look gorgeous paired with a brown eye. Anywho, this series will provide swatches and reviews (or quick reviews) on peach colored products I adore.


     This Summer season, many makeup brands, have released new lines of sheer lipsticks. Although, sheer lipsticks tend to be moisturizing, I don't find that the color payoff of these lipsticks are up to par with what I want. After reading some posts on the MAC Supreme Sheen Lipsticks, I was excited to pick up one because supposedly they are not as sheer as other sheer lipsticks. I'm very glad that I did so, and of course, I went with a peach color.






     MAC Gotta Dash! Supreme Sheen Lipstick is a slightly milky warm peachy pink with a hint of coral (I find that a lot of peaches come hand in hand with pinks). This is a gorgeous lipstick that glides on well, feels moisturizing, and light, but still has good color payoff. Surprisingly, I find this more opaque than some of MAC's Lustre lipsticks. The lipstick, as the name suggests, gives a sheen on your lips. I like this because I don't love to apply gloss on top of my lipsticks, so I can still get a slightly glossy effect without worrying about my hair sticking to my lips. The lipstick glides on smoothly and the color applies evenly. To get a more natural affect, I dab the very sides of my lips to blend away harsh lines. Because this is a sheerer lipstick, the last time is around 3-4 hours without eating. I don't mind too much though, and I'm definitely going to pick up one or two more of these lipsticks.


Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment and tell me what peach colored things I should try and also follow my blog. Byebye. :U

3 comments:

  1. i lovee thisss colour!! i dont really wear lipsticks only lipbalms or tinted lipbalms because its just easy =] but i love this colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Alex: Definitely try it. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this lippie on my wishlist right now! I don't mind sheer lipsticks that much because I prefer to be able to build them up (but they definitely have to have SOME color). It looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete